- Email: markkarpov92 at gmail dot com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/mrkkrp
- GitHub: https://github.com/mrkkrp
- StackOverflow: https://stackoverflow.com/users/3687048/mark
- This document is also available in PDF format: https://markkarpov.com/resume.pdf
Haskell software developer with 3 years of experience, including 1 year of professional experience.
Tech work experience
- May 4th, 2016–May 20th, 2017 Tier 2 Haskell developer at Stack Builders (remote). The job involved working for several clients mostly from the US. Web-applications built with Yesod, Snap, Servant (including a micro-service based system with Servant on backend). Agile. Another part of the job was writing tutorials and blog posts to increase visibility of the company.
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Server automation: Ansible.
- Linux server.
- Strong knowledge of Git.
- CI: Travis CI, Circle CI.
- Bash/Python/Haskell scripting.
- Other languages I know: C, C++, Python, Common Lisp, Emacs Lisp.
Concepts (not mentioning basic things like rank-N types, existentials, phantom types etc.): EDSL using combinators, GADTs, type-level programming, generics, TH, high-performance Haskell, parallel and concurrent Haskell, lens (van Laarhoven/profunctor).
Libraries (not mentioning vital common libs like
Megaparsec—Industrial-strength monadic parser combinator library.
Req—Easy-to-use, type-safe, expandable, high-level HTTP library.
Zip—Efficient library for manipulating zip archives.
Text Metrics—Calculate various string metrics efficiently in Haskell.
Stache—Mustache templates for Haskell.
Path IO—Operations on files and directories with well-typed paths. I’m also a contributor and co-maintainer of
The full list can be found at https://markkarpov.com/oss.html.
I’ve authored two chapters for the upcoming book Intermediate Haskell: Exceptions and Megaparsec. Unfortunately the content is not publicly available yet (only available to reviewers).
I speak Russian (native) and English (fluent, experienced with documentation/tutorial writing).
Stress-resistant, open to criticism/discussion.
- 2009–2014—Polzunov Altai State Technical University. Engineer degree in informational technology and measuring engineering.